Member recipe by fetchgirl
ServingsServes 1 - 12
Little cases filled with caramel and popcorn: the kids will love them!!!
- 60ml vegetable oil
- 80ml/ 1/3 cup popping corn
- 150g butter
- 250g packet Jersey Caramels
- 12 large paper-lined foil cakes
- Put the cases into a 12-hole muffin tray.
- Put a large pan on the stove, put the oil in the pan and turn the heat to high. Wait 1 minute, then turn the heat to medium. Add the corn to the pan and immediately put on the lid. Then, shake the pan a few times and leave the lid on until you can hear only a few popping noises. Remove the pan from the heat and tip the popcorn into a large bowl (a few pieces of popcorn may not have "popped" - throw these pieces away).
- Chop up the butter and put it into the same large saucepan as the Jersey Caramels. Put the pan on the stove and turn the heat to medium. Stir until the caramels are melted and the butter and caramel are mixed together. Remove the pan from the stove and put it on a wooden board.
- Add the popcorn to the pan and stir gently to mix everything together. Spoon the popcorn mixture into the foil cases and leave them for 10 minutes or until they are cold.
- These crunchy treats will last up to 2 days.