Chorizo and Rice Soup
Member recipe by jordangenevieve
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 leek, trimmed and sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, sliced
- 1 cup rice
- 150g chorizo, sliced
- 2 cup white wine
- 1,5l chicken stock
- 1 x 400g tin tomatoes, chopped
- sea salt and freshly ground pepper
- 250ml fresh chervil leaves
- 2 x 125g bocconcini (buffalo mozzarella balls), torn
- Heat the oil in a large pan over medium heat. Add the onion, leek, garlic and chorizo and cook until browned, about 6-8 minutes.
- Add the rice and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes. Reduce the heat to low, add the wine and 1 cup of the stock and cook, stirring, for about 1-2 minutes.
- Add the remaining stock and the tomatoes, increase the heat to high and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Stir through salt and pepper and top with chervil and mozzarella to serve.