Greek yogurt and honeycomb
Member recipe by smileyme
- 600ml Greek yoghurt.
- 100g blueberries.
- 100g raspberries.
- Approx 1 dessert spoon caster sugar.
- Lavender essence, suitable for culinary use.
- Dried lavender flowers, suitable for culinary use.
- For the honeycomb (makes 400g)
- 75g clear honey.
- 140g liquid glucose.
- 400g sugar.
- 5 tbsp water.
- 2 tbsp baking soda.
- For the honeycomb: Line a shallow baking tray with parchment paper. Place the honey, liquid glucose, water and sugar in a large heavy-based saucepan and heat gently, stirring occasionally until the sugar dissolves. Increase the heat and cook until the mixture starts to turn a light golden colour. Mix in the baking soda. The mixture will erupt into a foaming mass. Pour immediately into the prepared baking tray.
- Leave to cool, then place in the fridge to set. This takes approx 6-10 mins. Break up with the end of a rolling pin and store in an airtight jar if not using immediately.
- Using a blender, blitz the raspberries and blueberries together with little caster sugar until smooth. Add a drop of lavender essence. Strain the mixture through a sieve to create a fresh coulis. Taste to check consistency and flavour, add a spoonful of water or sugar as necessary.
- Lightly mix almost all of the honeycomb through the yoghurt. Spoon into individual serving glasses and pour the coulis on top. Garnish with lavender flowers and a sprinkling of the remaining honeycomb. Serve immediately.