Quick Creamy Tasty Carbonara
Member recipe by lukewild1982
- Pasta for Four people, whichever type you like but suits Spaghetti or linguine as a tradition (Penne or shells will be just fine)
- Six slices of smoked bacon (back bacon or streaky)
- 3 Cloves of garlic
- 250 ml double cream
- Ground Black Pepper
- Dried Oregano
- Dried Thyme
- Olive Oil
- Pecorino Cheese, or parmesan if you can not find it. (not dried or flaked, buy it as a piece of cheese)
- First of get some salted water on the boil and add a good glug of olive oil. Also get a large saute pan on a medium heat
- As the water is coming up to the boil cut the bacon into small squares or thin strips and crush or finly chop the garlic
- By this point the water should be at boiling point. Put your pasta in the water and everynow and then give it a stir so that it does not stick together.
- Add some olive oil to the saute pan, once the oil is warm add the bacon.
- Fry the bacon till its just starting to colour, then at this point add your garlic. Make sure the pan is not so hot that the garlic is going to burn. Season with plenty of black pepper. Do not season with salt, you will have enough from the bacon and the cheese
- Once the bacon is cooked and nicely browning then add a good pinch of each of the dried herbs. Toss the bacon and garlic around with the herbs the cook through for a minute or two then pour in your cream. Do not worry about the cream spiltting, as its double cream this basically can not happen. Do not boil the cream just let it get up to a good simmer. By now your pasta should be cooked. Drain the pasta and then add to the sauce in the saute pan. Mix together well. Grate in plenty of the pecorino and mix well. Taste the sauce and add more cheese if you like and add any seasoning that you think it may need.
- Seprate between 4 warmed plates or pasta bowls and enjoy with some nice garlic bread or toasted garlic ciabbata