Sweet French toast with Bacon
Member recipe by philippagraham51
A Perfect lazy breakfast. Cinnamon and Vanilla french toast complimented with the salty bacon.
- 4 slices premium center-cut or thick-cut bacon
- 2/3 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp nutmeg
- 4 slices hearty whole-grain bread
- Butter for frying
- Berries (strawberries or blueberries are good) or apple slices (optional)
- 2 Tbsp real maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 375ÃÂ°F/190ÃÂ°C. Put the bacon in the oven; bake for 18 to 20 minutes or until crispy. Remove from oven and transfer to a plate lined with paper towels.
- While bacon is cooking, combine milk, eggs, vanilla extract, cinnamon, and nutmeg in a pie plate or shallow bowl; whisk until well blended.
- Dip 2 bread slices into egg mixture and let stand 30 seconds to absorb the liquid. Flip bread over and let stand in mixture another 30 seconds.
- Heat the butter in a nonstick frying pan over medium heat until melted (but be careful not to burn it). Add 2 dipped bread slices and cook for 2 minutes or until lightly browned. Flip over and continue cooking for 1 minute or until done. Repeat steps 3 and 4 with remaining 2 bread slices.
- On each plate, place 2 strips of bacon and 2 slices of French toast. Garnish with berries or apple slices, if you'd like, and serve with syrup.