Quinoa with Prawns & Asparagus
Member recipe by peasliotti
A quick and simple supper that is delicious, easy and healthy in equal measure, using lime and chilli
- 1 packet of Ainsley Harriot's "Chilli & Lime Quinoa and Basmati Rice"
- 200g pre-cooked King prawns
- 1 ripe lemon, juiced
- 150g packet of asparagus tips, chopped in one-inch pieces
- 150g fresh garden peas
- 1/2 tsp chilli flakes (optional)
- 3 sprigs of flat leaf parsley, chopped
- black pepper
- 1 tsp British rapeseed oil
- Cook the quinoa according to the instructions on the back of the packet.
- After the quinoa has been cooking for 10 minutes, griddle or fry the prawns on a medium heat in the rapeseed oil, lemon juice and a good quantity of freshly-milled black pepper for approximately 5 minutes. Test to make sure the prawns are hot but not dry.
- Next, boil the asparagus and peas together for approximately 3 minutes, making sure both retain a crunch.
- Add the prawns (and excess juices) and the asparagus/peas to the quinoa pan and mix thoroughly. Add chilli flakes if you prefer an extra spicy kick.
- Serve and top with roughly chopped flat leaf parsley.