Judy's Danish Apple Tart
Member recipe by lyndhurst70
- 250g Plain flour
- 175g Caster sugar
- 1 Egg
- 175g Margarine
- 1 tsp. Baking powder
- 2-3 Cox's apples
- Blend flour, baking powder and rub in the margarine, then mix in the sugar and the egg. (this can be done in a food processor, just adding the egg at the end)
- Take 2/3 of the mixture and press into a 8-9" cake tin. Slice and peel the apples and arrange on top in whatever pattern you like.
- Roll out the remainder of the pastry and cut into strips about 2-3cm. wide and arrange in a lattice pattern over the apples. You don't have to be too fussy because as it cooks the strips tend to spread into each other.
- Bake in the oven for 40mins @ 160-170C/Fan
- Dust with icing sugar and enjoy with creme fraiche