Rosemary and Pork Ragu
Member recipe by jordangenevieve
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 8 pork sausages
- 1/3 cup tomato puree
- 2 sprigs rosemary
- 3 fresh bay leaves
- 150g cherry tomato's, halved
- 1/2 cup cream
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 baby brinjals
- In a pan over a low heat, fry the onion and garlic in half the olive oil until softened.
- Remove the pork mince from the casings and add to the pa. Fry until slightly golden, then pour in the tomato puree and stir in the rosemary, bay leaves and halved cherry tomatoes. Simmer on a medium to low heat for 10 to 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Swirl in the cream and season to taste.
- Place another pan over medium to high heat and grill the baby brinjals in the remaining hot olive oil until slightly charred on each side.
- Place the grilled brinjals in a shallow bowl, spoon over the fragrant chicken and rosemary ragu and serve immediately.