Lemony Asparagus Pasta
Member recipe by jordangenevieve
- 400g linguine or fettuccine
- 340g asparagus, sliced with a vegetable peeler
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1/3 cup chicken stock
- sea salt and black pepper
- 1/4 cup finely grated Parmesan, plus extra to serve
- 3/4 cup basil leaves
- Cook the pasta in a large saucepan of salted boiling water. Add the asparagus for the last 2 minutes of cooking time. Drain and return the pasta to the pan to keep warm.
- Heat a large pan over medium heat. Add the oil and garlic and cook for 1-2 minutes. Add the sour cream, lemon juice, stock, salt and pepper and mix well to combine. Take off the heat.
- Add the pasta and asparagus to the pan with the Parmesan and basil leaves. Mix to combine.
- Top the pasta with the extra Parmesan and serve.