Member recipe by sebastien100
- * 2 cups All-purpose Flour
- * 1 tbsp Baking Powder
- * ÃÂÃÂÃÂÃÂ½ tsp Salt
- * 3 tbsp Sugar
- * 1 stick Butter, chilled
- * 2/3 to 3/4 cup Half and Half
- * 2-3 tbsp Milk or Cream
- * 1 quart Strawberries
- * 1/3 cup Sugar
- * 1ÃÂÃÂÃÂÃÂ½ cups Whipping Cream, or Non-dairy Whipped Topping
- First of all, you will have to rinse the strawberries thoroughly, under cold water. Now, drain out all the excess water.
- Hull the strawberries, slice them and put in a bowl. Sprinkle the sugar in top of the strawberries and cover the bowl.
- Let the strawberries stand at room temperature, at an undisturbed place, for about one hour.
- In the meantime, whip the cream well, until soft peaks form. You can add 2 or 3 tbsp sugar to it, if desired, before whipping.
- Cover the whipped cream and place it in the refrigerator. Let it stay there until you are ready to serve the cake.
- Put flour, baking powder, salt and sugar in the food processor jar and let them blend together well.
- Cut the stick of butter into 8 pieces and add to the flour mixture. Beat again, till the mixture resembles coarse meal and has a few pea-size chunks of butter still left.
- Transfer the mixture to a large bowl. Now, make a well in the center and stir in the half and half, with the help of a fork, till the dough gets moist.
- Let the dough stand for a minute and then turn it out, onto a lightly floured surface. Knead it well, until it holds together and is less sticky.
- * Preheat the oven to 425 degrees, while setting the rack at the center level. * While the oven gets hot, pat the dough into a 6 by 12-inch rectangle, which is about 3/4-inch thick. * Making use of a floured round cutter; cut the patted dough into eight (3-inch) biscuits. * Lightly oil a cookie sheet and place the biscuits on it. Brush the biscuits with a little milk or cream and sprinkle some sugar on top. * Place the cookie sheet in the oven and bake the biscuits for 10 to 15 minutes, until they rise and become golden brown. * Transfer the biscuits to a plate and use a serrated knife to split each of them horizontally. * Butter the inner side of the hot biscuits and use 1/3 cup of berry mixture as filling. Now, keep them on separate plates and top with a tablespoon of berry mixture, along with the whipped cream.