Meringue crisp layer cake
Member recipe by freyacm
- 3 large egg whites
- 150g unrefined caster sugar
- 200g Jordans Chocolate Country Crisp
- 300ml whipping cream
- 40g icing sugar, sifted
- 3-4 passionfruit, seeds pressed through a sieve to give 4tbsp juice
- 1 ripe papaya, peeled, deseeded and chopped
- 2 kiwis, peeled and chopped
- 100g raspberries
- Preheat oven to 160C / 140C fan / Gas Mark 3. Line 2 x 9 inch loose bottomed cake tins with non-stick baking parchment.
- Whisk egg whites, using an electric hand whisk until stiff peaks form. Gradually whisk in the caster sugar, a tbsp at a time, until glossy and thick peaks are left, when the whisks are lifted out.
- Scatter Jordans Chocolate Country Crisp evenly over the base of the two tins, then divide the meringue mixture between the two, smoothing with a spoon. Bake for one hour until crisp. Remove from the oven and leave to cool in the tins.
- Meanwhile whip the cream and icing sugar together until thickened. Stir in half of the passionfruit juice. Chill until ready to assemble.
- To serve, place one meringue layer on a serving plate, held on with a blob of cream underneath. Spoon over the flavoured cream. Add second meringue layer and spoon over the papaya, kiwi and raspberries. Drizzle with remaining passionfruit juice.