Chunky Monkey Vegetable Soup
Member recipe by mrsstepford
A comforting winter warmer using seasonal vegetables. Cheap and easy to make.
- 4 sticks celery, chopped
- 4 large carrots, chopped
- 2 large parsnip, chopped
- 2 medium red onions chopped
- 50g butter
- 1.5 pint stock
- Wash, peel and roughly chop all the vegetables.
- Melt the butter in a large pan, stir in all of the vegetables until coated with the butter. Place a lid on the pan and sweat the vegetables over a medium heat for five minutes (or until the celery has begun to soften)
- Add 1.5 pint of stock and bring to the boil. Boil for five minutes, then simmer for a further 20 mins or until the parsnip has fully softened.
- Blend with a liquidiser until your preferred consistency has been reached.
- Serve with warm crusty bread for a lovely comforting meal.