Member recipe by tashax3
Gnocci is an excellent alternative to spahetti in this perfect family dinner dish.
- 500g pack Extra Lean Ground British Beef
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1-2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 250g pack organic chestnut mushrooms, cleaned and sliced (optional)
- 420g tomato and herb sauce
- salt and pepper
- red wine
- 500g pack gnocchi (either fresh or long-life)
- 75g grated mozzarella
- Preheat the oven to 180°C, gas mark 4. Place the ground beef, onion and garlic in a nonstick pan and fry gently for 5-6 minutes, stirring all the time, until the onion is starting to soften.
- Stir in the mushrooms and cook for a further 5-6 minutes until the meat is browned. Pour over the tomato and herb sauce, add a small amount of wine and bring to boil, season with salt and black pepper, then cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook the gnocchi in a pan of boiling water according to pack instructions. Drain well.
- To assemble the dish, spoon half the Bolognese mixture into a large shallow ovenproof dish, then top with the gnocchi. Add the remaining Bolognese sauce. Sprinkle with the mozzarella.
- Bake on the top shelf of the oven for 30-35 minutes, until golden. Serve immediately.