Chicken Tortilla Soup
Member recipe by ashleylaren-ca
A recipe from a friends blog that I tried out and tasted amazing! And was easy to make!
- 1 rotisserie chicken
- 1 can of chicken broth [swanson's no sodium]
- 1 can of black beans
- 1 can of corn
- 1 can of chopped chilis [optional]
- 1 large can of tomato juice or soup
- 1/2-1 diced onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced.
- Jalapenos [optional]
- 1 bag or tortillas or tortilla chips.
- Sour Cream for garnish
- Shed the chicken meat, but not too thing. Grill garlic and onions in a pan of butter until golden.
- Mix the broth and tomato juice/soup. Then add the canned beans, corn, chilis, and the cooked onions and garlic, and the jalapenos if you choose.
- Let it simmer for 20 minutes and then add your choice of tortilla/chips and serve topped with cheese and sour cream. Jalapenos can also be used as a topper.