Fudgy Banana Muffins
Member recipe by pallypudding
ServingsServes 1 - 12 Muffins
- For the muffins:
- 250g self-raising flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 100g fudge
- 100g soft light brown sugar
- 75g butter
- 125ml milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 2 medium ripe bananas
- 2 medium eggs
- For the glaze:
- 2 tablespoons clear honey
- If desired add a sprinkle of icing sugar on top of each muffin.
- Heat the oven to 190.C, gas mark 5. Line the muffin tray with paper cases. Sift the flour and baking powder into a bowl.
- Cut the fudge into chunks. Add the sugar and fudge to the bowl and stir. Make a hollow in the middle of the mixture.
- Put the butter in a pan. Heat it gently until the butter melts. Take the pan off the heat. Add the milk and vanilla essence.
- Peel the bananas and put them in a bowl. Mash them with a fork. Break the eggs into another bowl and beat them.
- Add the bananas and beaten eggs to the pan, then stir. Pour the mixture into the hollow in the dry ingredients.
- Stir everything until it is mixed together. The mixture should still look quite lumpy. Then, spoon it into the paper cases.
- Bake the muffins for 20 minutes. Leave them for five minutes. Brush the tops with honey, then place them on a wire rack.