Vietnamese Kho Style Chicken
Member recipe by jcfeltham
- 200g Chicken Thigh Fillets
- 1 Red Pepper
- 4 Spring Onions
- 4 tbsp Sugar (demerara if available)
- 2 tbsp Oyster Sauce
- 1 tbsp Chinese Five Spice
- 1 tbsp of Oil
- 1/2 tbsp Thai Fish Sauce
- 1/2 tbsp Dried Chilli Flakes
- Dired Coriander
- 1 pack of Noodles (dried or fresh)
- 200ml Water
- Check Chicken for any small pieces of bone that has been left after the meat has been de-boned. Chop the Chicken into strips about 1cm by 2cm.
- Remove the seeds from the pepper and chop into 1cm by 1cm pieces. Finely chop the Spring Onion.
- Heat a saucepan on a high heat before adding the oil. Add the Chicken and fry for 3 minutes or until it starts to brown. Add most of the Spring Onion, all the Pepper and fry for a further 2 minutes.
- Add Oyster Sauce, Water, Sugar, Five Spice, Chilli flakes and Fish Sauce. Stir mixture and turn the heat down to a simmer.
- Cook Noodles according to manufactures instructions. Check on Chicken mixture. Allow Sauce to thicken, which should take about 5 minutes.
- Drain Noodles and separate onto two plates. Remove Chicken mixture from the heat and dish up on top of Noodles. Sprinkle Coriander and remaining spring onions over Chicken mixture... ENJOY