"Margo's" Spaghetti Sauce
Member recipe by ashleylaren-ca
I've never known who Margo is but her spaghetti sauce recipe has never failed!
- For a family-sized batch [5-7 people]
- 8lbs ground beef or italian sausage or 1/2 of each. [we use Graziano]
- 8 cans of tomato paste [12 oz cans]
- 1 catsup bottle [ketchup]
- 7 cans of tomato sauce [15 oz cans]
- 3 tbsp of onion flakes/minced onions
- 1-3 tsp of garlic depending on your liking
- 1 tbsp of oregano
- 1 tbsp of red pepper
- 2 tbsp black pepper
- 2 tbsp of sugar
- 2 tbsp of salt
- 1 tbsp of italian seasoning
- *remember you can always add to taste.
- Have your burner somewhere between low and medium. You will have put your meat of choice in the pan first so you can "chop" it into the proper spaghetti sauce chunks. Then add you're tomato paste, tomato sauce, and catsup and stir all together with your meat.
- Add all other ingredients and stir, turn the burner to high and let the sauce come to a boil, make sure to stir often so it doen't burn to the pan, as soon as it does turn the burner down to where it is only simmering [usually medium works] stirring every once in awhile.
- Let the sauce cook on a simmer for 2-4 hours. Make sure to stick your finger in [without touching the pan haha] to see if you need to add any of the spices to your taste.
- Add to your spaghetti or noodles of choice and enjoy!