Sweet Steak Marinade
Member recipe by ashleylaren-ca
ServingsServes 1 - 5 Pieces
An amazing recipe by my boyfriends family for a summer steak on the barbie! Best steak I've had yet, no joke!
- Here are the simiple ingredients you'll need for this amazing marinade:
- Original Recipe:
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 2 tbsp apple juice
- 3 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp ginger
- 2-3 garlic cloves
- My changes:
- 2 cups soy sauce
- 4 tbsp apple juice
- 4tbspn brown sugar
- 1-2 tsp ginger
- 3 garlic cloves
- both work amazingly!
- and should marinade 4-5 personal steaks.
- Simply mix all ingredients together in the pan you plan to marinade your steaks in. Swirl your finger in the marinade before you add your steaks to determine if you'd like to add more of anything.
- Poke your thawed steaks with a fork 5 times on each side, this will help it soak up the marinade. Then add your steaks to the sweet marinade.
- I let my steaks marinade on each side for 4 hours, for a total of 8 hours. My boyfriend let's his steaks sit on one sided over night and then the other side while he's at work the next day. So depending on your time and preference of flavour you can marinade for 4-48 hours.
- Cook you're steaks on the barbie or in the oven how you usually would. For extra flavor you can sprinkle some of your favourite steak seasoning before cooking or eat it with bbq sauce after cooked!