Crab Cakes & Lime Chilli Mayo
Member recipe by roobarb100
ServingsServes 1 - 16 Cakes
- 400g cooked crabmeat
- 1/3 cup (80ml) mayonnaise
- 4 green onions, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 3-4 cups (300-440g) panko (Japanese breadcrumbs)
- 40-60g unsalted butter
- Coriander leaves, to serve
- Lime & Chilli Mayonnaise
- 1 cup (250ml) mayonnaise
- Freshly squeeze juice and grated zest of 2 limes
- 1/2 cup (125ml) sweet chilli sauce
- To make crab cakes, place crabmeat, mayonnaise, grenn onions and parsley ina bowl and mix to combine. Divide mixture into 16 equal portions and shape into patties. Dip each patty in beaten egg and coat in panko. Pace coated patties on a tray and refrigerate for 30 mins to firm up.
- Heat 40g butter in non-stick frypan over moderate heat. Fry patties (in batches) for 6 minutes or until golden and cooked through, turning once, adding more butter to pan if needed.
- To make lime and chilli mayonnaise, place all ingredients in a bowl and stir to combine. Set aside.
- Serve with a garnish of coriander leaves and lime and chilli mayonnaise on the side.