Member recipe by littledevilxx
- 25g butter or margarine
- 1 chopped medium potato
- 1 chopped onion
- 2 smallish heads or a large head broccoli (still works well with broccoli that is yellowing)
- a crushed garlic clove
- 2 pints veg stock
- 1/4pt milk (if desired)
- Melt butter in a large saucepan
- Add the garlic and onions cook until the onions are softened, do not let them brown.
- add chopped broccoli and potato and cover in the butter.
- Let them sweat (with the lid on) for a few mins.
- Add vegetable stock, top up if it doesn't cover the vegetables, and bring it up to the boil.
- Leave to cook until the vegetables are tender, about 15 mins.
- Leave to cool, then blend.
- Add milk if desired.
- This can then be reheated. Alternatively it can be frozen and can be cooked from frozen in a sauce pan.