Cabbage & Bacon Pasta
Member recipe by jeremytipper
- 350 grams of smoked bacon lardons
- 1 clove of garlic, finely chopped
- 1 good handful of thyme, leaves picked
- 1 large Savoy cabbage (outer leaves removed) quartered, cored and finely sliced
- 1/2 cup of white whine or vegetable stock
- 1 handful of grated Parmesan cheese
- 455gr/1 lb dried farfalle (or penne),
- salt and freshly ground white pepper
- extra virgin olive oil
- 200gr / 7oz buffalo mozzarella, cut into 1cm / 1/2 inch dice
- 2 handfuls of pine nuts, lighly toasted
- In a pan fry your lardons in a little olive oil until lightly golden. Add the garlic and thyme and soften.
- Add the Savoy cabbage and Parmesan with a little white wine (or vegetable stock), then stir and put the lid on the pan. Cook for a further 5 minutes, shaking every now and again, while you cook your pasta in salted boiling water until al dente.
- When the cabbage is nice and tender, season and loosen with some nice peppery extra virgin olive oil.
- Toss the drained pasta into the cabbage and at the last minute mix in the mozzarella and toasted pine nuts. Serve immediately.