Member recipe by tootslondon
- 3 unearthed Chocolate Chip Panettone
- 20g soft butter
- 3 large eggs, beaten
- 150 ml double cream
- 150 ml milk
- 50g caster sugar
- Slice each mini panettone into 6 thin slices. Butter 6 mini tart dishes. Layer each with 3 slices of the panettone, arranging to fit the dish.
- Meanwhile, beat the eggs and sugar until creamy and light in colour. Heat the double cream and milk in a saucepan and then add to the beaten eggs and sugar.
- Pour over the layered panettone and rest for few minutes to allow the custard to soak in. Sprinkle with the sugar.
- Pre heat oven to 180C.
- Arrange the dishes in a deep roasting tray and half fill with hot water. Place carefully in the oven and bake for 20 minutes until golden. Remove and cool slightly before serving.