Best Chocolate Chip Cookies
Member recipe by muireannwalsh
ServingsServes 1 - 12 Cookies
Best Big, Fat, Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies. Recipe take from allrecipes.com, average rating 4.5 / 5 out of 4,637 reviews!
- 165g all-purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 115g unsalted butter, melted
- 145g packed brown sugar
- 65g light brown sugar
- 1tsp vanilla essence
- 1 egg
- 200g good quality cooking chocolate (eg Dr. Oetker)*
- 30g chopped hazel nuts*
- *use less chocolate & more nuts or vice versa, as desired. Walnuts & other nuts work fine in place of Hazelnuts.
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Grease cookie sheets (2 sheets will be needed) or line with parchment paper.
- Sift together the flour, baking soda and salt; set aside.
- In a medium bowl, cream together the melted butter and sugar until well blended. Beat in the vanilla, egg, and egg yolk until light and creamy. Mix in the sifted ingredients until just blended. Stir in the chocolate chips by hand using a wooden spoon. Drop cookie dough 1/4 cup at a time onto the prepared cookie sheets. Cookies should be about 3 inches apart as there will be significant expansion during baking.
- Bake for 15 to 17 minutes in the preheated oven, or until the edges are lightly toasted. Cool on baking sheets for a few minutes before transferring to wire racks to cool completely.