Hayes' stuffed chicken
Member recipe by fizgig09
An easy to make dish of Chicken, stuffed with parma ham and mozzarella, coated in breadcrumbs and covered in a tomato basil sauce
- 4 skinless chicken breasts
- 200g grated mozzarella
- 4 slices parma ham
- 20g garlic and herb butter
- cup of flour
- 50g breadcrumbs
- 1 egg, beaten
- 500g jar of tomato and basil sauce
- You will also need 3 cocktail sticks for each chicken breast.
- Preheat the oven to 190c/fan 170c/gas mark 5
- Slice each chicken breast along one side to make a "pocket"
- Rub a quarter of the garlic and herb butter into the "pocket",and stuff with one slice of parma ham, torn into small pieces, and 25g of the mozzarella. Secure with cocktail sticks to keep closed.
- Place the chicken breasts on a baking tray and cook for 15 mins.
- Take chicken out of the oven, and leave to cool for 5 mins. Remove cocktail sticks, being careful that chicken stays sealed.
- Brush each chicken breast with beaten egg, dip in the flour, then brush again with egg and dip in the breadcrumbs.
- Place the chicken breasts back in the oven for a further 15 mins, or until the breadcrumbs are golden brown.
- Take chicken out of the oven, spoon over some of the tomato basil sauce, and sprinkle with the remaining mozzarella.
- Return to the oven for a final time, for 10 mins, until cheese has melted.
- Remove chicken from the oven, and serve immediately, with chunky chips and garlic and herb butter.