twice baked cookies
Member recipe by padwan88
ServingsServes 1 - 12 Cookies
Twice baked crispy on top and gooey in the middle chocolate cookies. Perfect for chocoholics and people who want a naughty sweet treat. ;)
- 200g Dark 70% Chocolate
- 75g Butter
- 225g brown muscovado sugar
- 2 free range eggs
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- 300g plain flour
- preheat oven to 180C. Snap Chocolate into a bowl over a pan of simmering water. Melt chocolate, do not stir. Once melted turn the heat off
- In a mixing bowl cream the butter and sugar until smooth. Break the eggs into a another bowl and break up using a fork. Add vanilla extract to the eggs and combine. Then add egg mixture to the butter cream stirring gently.
- Add the melted chocolate to the mixture and continue to mix. Now fold in half of the flour measurement gradually until well combined. You should get a very thick mixture. If still quite smooth and runny and more flour. The mixture has to be thick enough to pick up with your hands but not doughy.
- Line a tray with baking paper. Place large spoonfuls of the mixture onto the tray. Don't be tempted to flatten the mixture as they will do so in the oven.
- Bake the cookies for 10-12 minutes until they start to harden on top but still gooey in the middle. Take out, and leave to cool slightly, around 5 minutes. It is important to keep an eye on your cookies at this stage. They need to be still gooey in the middle so you can re-mould them in the next stage.
- Once slightly cooled, with your hands re-mould the cookies into patties. This part is quite messy but cookies will form new tidy patties!
- Place the cookies back into the oven, and bake for another 5-10 minutes. Until the cookies start to split on top, but still soft in the middle.
- Leave to cool for 5-10 minutes or so. Remove from the tray and place on a wire rack. Serve and enjoy with a nice cup of tea :)