Chilli Salad Pitta
Member recipe by padwan88
sweet and spicy flavoursome lunch meal. With crunchy salad leaves and warm toasted pitta bread. Great recipe for a summer lunch or a rainy day! :)
- 1 garlic and corriander Pitta Bread
- 2 handfuls of salad leaves, chopped
- 1 tbsp fresh corriander, leaves and stalks, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp chilli dipping sauce
- 1/2 lime. juice
- 1 tsp Cumin
- salt and pepper, season
- Mix together fresh corriander and salad leaves. Add juice of the 1/2 lime, and toss together with your hands.
- Add chilli dipping sauce, cumin and salt and pepper to taste. Toss again until all ingredients are mixed together.
- Slice pitta bread in half and toast until lightly brown. Once toasted open up the middle of both halves, making sure not to tare the sides of the bread. You can use a butter spread here if you like.
- Spoon salad mixture into the middle until filled to the top. Do the same in the other half of the pitta bread. Serve and enjoy :)