Member recipe by ricaldos40
Jambalaya is a easy to make hearty one pot meal, a great winter warmer.
- 1 tbsp oil
- 2-3 chicken breasts (cut into chunks)
- 1 smoked sausage (sliced)
- 3 oz (100g) pre-cooked bacon lardons
- 1 large onion (chopped)
- 1 celery stick (chopped)
- 1 orange pepper (seeded and chopped)
- 1 tsp garlic puree
- 1 can of chopped tomatoes
- 8 floz (225ml) chicken stock
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- 1 tsp dried parsley
- 5 oz (150g) rice
- Salt and pepper
- 4 spring onions (finely chopped)
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan on medium to high heat.
- Add the onion, celery, pepper and cook down until they start to soften, then add the chicken chunks and cook for about 5 minutes until well browned.
- Add the sausage, bacon, garlic, tomatoes, stock, cayenne, thyme and parsley to the frying pan. Bring to the boil and stir well.
- Stir in the rice and add salt and pepper to taste. When the liquid returns to the boil reduce the heat and cover the pan. Simmer for 10 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the heat and without removing the lid set aside for 20 minutes to let the rice finish cooking.
- Scatter the chopped spring onions on top of the jambalaya just before serving.