Coconut Rice & Peas
Member recipe by defenz1973
- 50ml/2fl oz vegetable oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 300g long grain or basmati rice
- 400ml water
- 400ml coconut milk
- 400g/ 1 tin kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 3 tbsp fresh thyme
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- fresh coriander, to garnish
- Heat the oil in a frying pan and fry the onion until translucent.
- Add the rice, stir well and add the water and coconut milk. Bring to the boil.
- Add the kidney beans and thyme, simmer, and cover, for about 20 minutes until the rice is cooked. Season with the salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Serve garnished with the coriander