Instant Chocolate Mousse
Member recipe by nicolaasker
- 150g marshmallows
- 50g soft butter
- 250g dark chocolate (minimum 70%), chopped into small pieces
- 60ml hot water from a recently boiled kettle
- 1 x 284ml tub double cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Put the marshmallows, butter, chocolate and water in a heavy-based pan.
- Put the saucepan on the hob, over heat, though keep fairly gentle, to melt the contents, stirring every now and again.
- Remove from heat.
- Meanwhile, whip the cream with the vanilla extract until thick, and then fold into the cooling chocolate mixture until you have a smooth cohesive mixture.
- Chill until want to eat.