gooey chocolate fudge
Member recipe by bob2468
ServingsServes 1 - 16 Slices
- 115g Butter, softened
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 405g condensed milk
- 115g plain Chocolate, broken into squares 800g icing sugar, sifted
- 1. Place the butter in a large bowl and beat in the vanilla extract and condensed milk.
- 2. Place the chocolate squares in a bowl and set it over a pan of barely simmering water. Leave it to melt, remove from the heat and stir with a wooden spoon.
- 3. Allow the chocolate to cool and then beat it in, gradually, to the butter mixture. Beat in the icing sugar, a little at a time. When it has all been incorporated you should end up with a soft, dough-like mixture.
- 4. Line a 20 x 30 cm shallow baking tin with baking parchment paper. Press the mixture into the tin, ensuring that the surface is even. Using the tip of a sharp knife, mark the fudge into about 16 pieces and then place it in the fridge for at least 4 hours to set.
- 5. When the fudge has set, use the edges of the paper to lift it from the tin on to a large chopping board and cut it into the marked pieces