Iced Lime Parfait
Member recipe by dmownsmycaesar
Iced Lime Parfait is thee perfect way to finish off your meal or even on hot summer days when you fancy a creamy substitute for ice-cream.
- juice and finely grated zests of 4 limes
- 4 eggs, separated
- 115g (4oz) caster sugar
- 150ml (5fl oz) double cream, lightly whipped
- 2tbsp Marsala
- In a pan, boil the lime juice and zest to reduce by 3/4. Cool
- Put the egg yolks, sugar and reduced lime juice in a heatproof bowl over a pan of simmering water. Whisk until the mixture is thick, light and at least doubled in volume
- Remove from the heat and continue to whisk until the mixture cools to room temperature.
- Fold in the cream and Marsala
- Whisk the egg whites until they can form stiff peaks. Fold into the mixture. Spoon the mixture into glasses and leave to set in the freezer for at least 2 hours