Fruity Lamb Tagine
Member recipe by preed85
A delicious combination of succulent lamb with mouthwatering prunes and apricots
- 500g Neck of Lamb, cut into cubes 1inch square
- 100g Ready to Eat Prunes (soaked in warm water for 1 hour)
- 100g Ready to Eat Apricots (soaked in warm water for 1 hour)
- 20g chopped ginger
- 1/2 tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 1 Medium Onion, diced
- 1 Garlic Clove. crushed
- 1 Large Tbsp Honey
- Chopped Fresh Parsley
- Water to cover
- Pre Heat oven to 180C (Fan Assisted).Place Lamb, onion, garlic, ginger, and cinnamon into an oven proof cassarole dish. Loosley stir the ingredients together. Add to half the height of the ingredients. Cover and cook in oven for 1:30mins stirring half way through
- Remove from oven, pour away any excess juice leaving a small amount covering the base of the dish.
- Add prunes, apricots and honey. Stir together, cover and place in oven for a further 30mins.
- When lamb is very tender serve into warm plates and add the parsley on top.
- Serve with buttery cous couse with raisins. Delicious