Member recipe by berdina
A Greek recipe, eaten during lenten season without meat. I add meat to it and it is just delicious!
- 1 kg leg of lamb without bone, cut in cubes
- 500 gr. French beans, cleaned and broken
- 2 large onions roughly chopped
- 750 gr. new potatoes, not peeled and cut into parts
- 2 cans of peeled tomato chunks
- 2 jars onion soup base
- 3 pieces of garlig roughly chopped
- if needed, some salt
- A big frying pan with lid
- Boil the potatoe parts and French beans for 10 minutes, without salt.
- Bake the lamb cubes in the pan together with the onions during 5 a 10 minutes on high fire, stirring.
- Add the potatoes and the beans to it.
- Stir the onion soup base and the peeled tomatoes together with the garlic and poor over the mixture in the pan. Stir carefully. Add the cinnamon and some pepper. (You will not need much salt, the soup base is already salt)
- Let simmer on very low fire for about 1,15 hours and serve covered with the chopped parsley.
- Taste very good with Turkish bread and home made Tzatziki or homemade Aioli. Drink a cool rose wine with it.