Member recipe by paulus
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 carrot, diced
- 1 celery stick, chopped
- 1 can of chopped tomatoes
- 2-3 dried chillies, crushed
- 1 tbsp Worcester sauce
- 2-3 sun dried tomatoes, chopped
- 100 ml of red wine or vegetable stock
- 1 tsp dried basil
- salt and pepper to taste
- grated Parmesan cheese to serve (optional)
- Heat the oil in a heavy based pan.
- Add the onion and garlic and slowly fry for about 5 minutes until soft, but not colored.
- Add the carrot and celery and continue to fry for another 3 minutes.
- Add the chopped tomatoes, red wine or vegetable stock, chillies, Worcester sauce, sun dried tomatoes and dried basil to the pan and bring to the boil. Then turn down the heat and simmer on a very low heat for at least 30 minutes. The longer it simmers, the more intense the flavour.
- Serve with pasta and grated Parmesan cheese