Healthy fried rice
Member recipe by chamwith
This is a recipe I use when I'm really busy and need something to freshen me up! I use Tesco "value" frozen vegetable pack and that's the best and easiest way.
- 2 cup Rice
- Frozen vegetables 250g cut in to small pieces*
- Any meat or sausages
- 1 Egg
- 1 tsp sugar
- 2 tbsp red chili pieces (less if you want a mild version)
- salt and pepper to taste
- Soya sauce
- 1/2 cup milk
- 3-4 tbsp butter (or oil)
- *Frozen vegetables may include:
- Carrots, Celery, Cucumber, Broccoli, Coliflour, Beans, Chickpea, Peas, Sweet corn, Bell pepper, etc...
- Boil the rice following the instructions on the pack
- Melt the butter in a wok at medium-high heat and add the chili and sugar and leave the chilies to fry.
- Add the meat in to the wok and let the meat fry.
- When the meat is well cooked, add the vegetables, salt, pepper and soya sauce and stri well.
- Add the boiled rice and mix well at low heat.
- Add the egg and stir well until the rice is well coated with the egg.
- Add milk and mix for about 1 min and the rice is ready.