Tuna & Smokey Bacon Pasta
Member recipe by lisel1969
This is a great cheap & cheerful midweek comfort meal that uses basic storecupboard ingredients.
- 300g pasta such as penne or fusilli
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 150g button mushrooms, sliced
- 3 rashers smoked back bacon, chopped into small pieces
- 2x 198g tins of tuna in brine, drained and flaked
- 100g sweetcorn
- 1x 400g tin of mushroom soup
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh parsley plus extra for garnish
- 150g grated hard cheese such as cheddar
- salt & pepper to season
- Preheat the oven to 200C/gas mark 6
- Cook the pasta according to packet instructions and drain well.
- Heat the oil in a pan and fry the mushrooms and chopped bacon for 2 - 3 minutes then transfer to a large bowl along with the drained pasta. Add the rest of the ingredients to the bowl, reserving about a 1/3 of the cheese. Mix well.
- Pour the mix into a large oven dish and top with the rest of the cheese. Place in the oven and cook for 15-20 minutes until the cheese is golden brown on top (you may wish to finish off by browning under the grill for 2 minutes).
- Remove from oven, garnish with chopped parlsey and serve immediately.