Homemade Birthday Cake
Member recipe by stelladias77
- 150 grams cake flour sifted
- 6 whole egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 75 grams butter
- 200 gram sugar
- Sift the flour and baking powder.Three times.
- Melt the butter in a small pan.Let cool.
- Separate the egg whites and yolks . Next beat egg white until they become white and frothy.
- Add sugar little by little and continue beat until sugar dissolves.
- Next add the egg yolk and beat about 5 minutes.After that combine flour [baking powder],melted butter and vanilla.Mix well.[using a rubber spatula]
- Pour sponge cake batter in 9x 9 inch baking pan that have been greased with butter and floured.
- Pre heat oven to 180 c degrees and bake the cake for 25 minutes.
- The cake is ready you can lightly press on it with your finger and if it is bouncy it is ready.
- Remove cake from oven and let cool ,before decorating it.When the cake cool spread butter icing on to the top of cake .
- Now decorate with flowers.I made them gum paste. This is the cake I made for my daughter's 26th birthday.