Ginger & Green Chilli Raita
Member recipe by anjuambily
A seriously simple and easy to make sauce that packs a punch! This sauce is great to have as a dipping sauce or condiment to any savoury Indian dish. I guarantee you'll enjoy it!
- 200ml natural yoghurt (or 1 cup)
- 1 tbsp ginger, finely chopped
- 1-2 green chillies, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp sunflower/vegetable/olive oil
- Salt (to your liking)
- Add the oil to the pan and heat gently.
- Add the chopped ginger and green chillies to the oil and fry on a low-medium flame, moving the ingredients around continuously for 1-2 minutes, without it burning.
- Turn off the flame and allow to stand for 2 minutes to let the heat of the pan to dissipate before adding the yoghurt - otherwise as the yoghurt hits the hot pan it will curdle.
- Add the yoghurt to the pan and stir to combine all ingredients. Add salt to your liking.
- This sauce can be enjoyed immediately. However, on standing, it will acquire more of a ginger flavour as the flavours infuse into the yoghurt.