Member recipe by supernovaphil
Great flavoured dish, ideal for lunch or dinner and healthy to boot
- 600g Salmon, skinned and boned
- 2 shallots
- 100g butter, softened
- 1 egg
- 50g gherkin, diced
- 50g capers, diced
- 1 lemon, zest grated
- 1 bunch, coriander and parsley
- pinch cayenne
- dash tabasco
- dash worcester sauce
- Preheat over to 120c. Place salmon in buttered cooking foil, then wrap around. Cook in oven for 15 mins, until cooked through. Remove and allow to cool then flake coarsely
- Cook the chopped shallots in a little butter until soft then combine with the fish, egg, gherkins, capers, lemon zest, herbs, cayenne, tobasco and worcester sauce. mix well, ass soft butter and leave to cool.
- Divide the mix evenly and shape into appropriate sizes and allow to set in fridge
- Pane the fish cakes in the flour until fully coated, then dip in the egg, then breadcrumbs.
- Gently heat a frying pan and add a generous amount of oil for shallow frying. Fry the cakes gently, until golden on both sides.
- this goes nice with tapenade and a sauce vierge