Jenna's Chocolate Brownies
Member recipe by jcherry646
ServingsServes 1 - 18 Brownies
Melt in your mouth brownies for times when only chocolate will do!!
- 400g good quality dark chocolate (70%+ cocoa content)
- 400g butter
- 6 eggs
- 510g caster sugar
- 250g plain flour
- 1 tsp vanilla extract (optional)
- 1/2 tsp coffee granules (optional)
- Preheat oven to 160C-fan assisted, 180C-conventional, gas mark 4. Butter and line a 27cm X 34cm deep square baking tin.
- Melt broken up chocolate over a pan of boiling water in a bowl making sure the bowl is not touching the boiling water underneath. next melt the butter in a pan or in a microwave and stir into the melted chocolate. (make sure these ingrediants are in a big bowl as more will be added in later) Add in the coffee and vanilla(optional).
- In a seperate bowl mix together sugar and eggs and add into the melted butter and chocolate stir this wet mixture well.
- Sift flour into the chocolate etc and stir well until the mixture is smooth. put into the baking tin.
- Bake for 50-55 minutes. it is important to leave the brownies in the tin to cool. When cooled cut them into squares. (these brownies taste even better if they are left for 24hrs)