Easy Peasy Spicy Meatballs
Member recipe by wild_ice
Easiest Ever Spicy Meatballs in a rich tomato sauce - perfect for quick meals!
- For the meat balls
- 2 cloves of Garlic
- 1 tbsp Hot, sweet chilli sauce
- 1 tbsp Green Pesto sauce
- 1 tbsp cumin seeds
- 1 red onion cut and finely diced
- 2 tbsp on grain mustard
- 4 eggs cracked and beaten.
- 1 packet of lean mince
- 5 tbsp pasata tomato paste with herbs.
- For the sauce
- ½ small cup of red lentils
- 1 bottle of roast garlic and vegetable pasta sauce
- 1 large glass red wine
- 2 tbsp pesto
- The rest of the Pasata jar.
- A load of grated strong cheese such as cheddar.
- Or wholemeal works well and is healthier!
- Put all the meat ball ingredients except the mince in a large plastic bowl and mix with the wooden spoon. Add the mince and mix making sure the mixture is well mixed.
- The mince mixture will be sticky and a bit gloopy â donât worry this is normal!
- Shape the mince mixture into small balls then lightly oil a shallow pan (Bran oil is fairly healthy) and lightly brown the meat balls on all sides. The meat balls will stick a bit so keep them moving and if they fall a part, donât worry â its part of the charm. Remember your browning them, not cooking them through!
- In a large casserole pot with a lid(!) dump all the sauce ingredients (except the cheese) and put the meat balls on top.Stick the casserole pot (with the lid on) in a 180âC oven for 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes, take the pot out, take the lid off and add the grated cheese on top of each meatball or simply stick handfuls over any part of the pot you want.
- Leave the lid off and put in the oven for a further 10 minutes.
- Whilst the pot is in the oven for the last 10 minutes, cook the spaghetti.
- Serve a mount of spaghetti alongside the casserole pot of meat balls and sauce.