Lemon Cream Chicken with Thyme
Member recipe by sonicg33k
A fantastic one pot dish that is quick and easy to make that was taught to me by my Mum. A great comfort dish for a cold night! You can experiment and add any kind of veg you like. Make it your own!
- 5 Lemons (3 juiced, 2 sliced)
- 1 crushed Garlic clove
- 1 onion
- Olive oil
- 4 Chicken Breasts, Diced
- Pre made Gnocchi 250g
- Double Cream 250ml
- 4 Sprigs of Thyme
- Button mushrooms 100g
- Crusty bread (Or garlic bread) to serve
- Chop the mushrooms roughly and put to one side. Chop the onion finely and add to a hot pan with some olive oil. Soften the onions slowly and add the crushed garlic. Cook until the onions turn a golden color. Add the Mushrooms and cook for another 10 minutes.
- Add the diced chicken to the hot pan and pan fry for 12 minutes. Meanwhile, add the cream to the pan and stir to coat the chicken then add the juice of the 3 lemons. Stir again to coat the chicken. At this point its best to taste and then you can add more lemon if you want. Allow to simmer for 5 minutes to reduce then place the lemon slices on the top of the chicken. Strip the Thyme springs and add to the pan.
- Add the Gnocchi to a pan of seasoned boiling water and simmer for 2-3 minutes until the Gnocchi is cooked. Drain and add to the pan, stir in with the chicken and simmer for another 5 minutes until the sauce is reduced.
- Serve on a curved plate with crusty or Garlic bread, great for mopping up after!