Gherkin Pickle (Gillori Achar)
Member recipe by nawazcook
ServingsServes 1 - 1 Jar
- 250 gms gherkins
- 1 tbsp mustard seeds
- 35-40 red kashmiri cillies
- 10-12 garlic pods, finely sliced
- 1/2 cup vinegar
- handful curry leaves
- 3 tbsp oil
- Cut each gherkin into 4 pieces. Marinate for 1 day in vinegar and salt
- Take a little water in a pan add salt and boil the chillies in it till soft. Strain. Keep water aside.
- Heat oil add sliced garlic and brown. Add curry leaves.
- Strain the gherkins. Grind the mustard and boiled chillies to a fine paste. Mix the gherkins with the paste
- Add the water to get the consistency you want.
- Heat the oil and cool. Pour over the mixture and mix well. Store in a clean jar.