P.L's Orange Marmalade
Member recipe by nawazcook
ServingsServes 1 - 2 Jars
- 1 kg oranges
- juice of 2 lemons
- 1 ltr water
- 2 kg sugar
- Halve the fruit and remove the pips. Tie the pips in a muslin cloth.
- Slice the oranges with the peels finely and soak with the lemon juice, water and pips (tied in muslin cloth) in a stainless steel or glass vessel overnight.
- The next day put the fruit in a pressure cooker. Cook for 20 minutes. Reduce pressure gradually.
- Open cooker and remove bag of pips and squeeze it dry.
- Add sugar return to fire and bring it to a boil. Boil rapidly till set is obtained
- Cool and fill in jars.