Candied Sweet Potatoes
Member recipe by hipsmelissa
Sweet and lovely. Tastes like Christmas! Gives you a warm, fuzzy feeling!
- 10 sweet potatoes
- 1/2 tsp of salt
- 1/2 cup of butter
- 4 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1/4 cup of heavy cream
- 1/2 cup of softened butter
- 1/4 cup and 2 tbsp of all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups light brown sugar
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 175 C fan. Lightly grease a large baking dish.
- Bake sweet potatoes 35 minutes in the preheated oven, or until they begin to soften. Cool slightly, peel, and mash.
- In a large bowl, mix the mashed sweet potatoes, salt, 1/2 cup butter, eggs, vanilla extract, cinnamon, sugar, and heavy cream. Transfer to the prepared baking dish.
- In a medium bowl, combine 1/2 cup butter, flour, brown sugar, and chopped pecans. Mix with a pastry blender or your fingers to the consistency of course meal. Sprinkle over the sweet potato mixture.
- Bake 30 minutes in the preheated oven, or until topping is crisp and lightly browned.