Little Lemon Macaroons
Member recipe by ponsrhy
ServingsServes 1 - 10 Biscuits
Lemon flavoured macaroon biscuits sandwiched together with a lemon buttercream filling
- For the Macaroons -
- Ground Almonds, 300 grams
- Caster Sugar, 100 grams plus extra for rolling
- Lemon Oil
- Lemon Zest, from 1 lemon
- 1 egg, beaten
- For the filling -
- 50g Butter, softened (not melted)
- 100g icing sugar
- 1tbsp lemon curd
- Mix the almonds, sugar and lemon zest in a bowl.
- Then beat the egg and add a good drop of lemon oil and mix the two with the nuts.
- Shape the mixture into about 20 small balls, then roll in sugar and bake at 180C for 10mins on baking paper.
- To make the buttercream filling beat together all the ingredients really well until completly combined. Add more lemon curd for a looser consitstency and a more lemony flavour.
- Finally take a small spoonfull of the filling and sandwich together two of the cooled macaroons which should be crisp on the outside and soft on the inside.