Member recipe by xjoeix
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and crushed
- 2 tbsp dry white wine
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 75g/2½oz chorizo, cut into cubes
- 125g/4½oz baby spinach leaves
- For the croutons
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp butter
- 200g/7oz bread, cuts into cubes
- For the dressing
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- squeeze lemon juice
- 2 free-range egg yolks
- 30g/1oz parmesan, shaved into strips with a vegetable peeler, plus extra to serve
- 1-2 tbsp olive oil
- Place the white wine into a saucepan over a high heat and simmer for five minutes. Add the garlic and simmer for a further two minutes, until the wine is nearly completely reduced. Set aside.
- Heat the olive oil in a saucepan over a high heat. Add the chorizo and fry for 2-3 minutes, or until crisp. Remove with a slotted spoon and drain on kitchen paper.
- For the croutons, heat the butter and oil in a saucepan over a high heat and fry the bread cubes until crisp and golden. Remove with a slotted spoon and drain on kitchen paper.
- For the dressing, place all the dressing ingredients, except the reserved Parmesan shavings, into a food processor and blend until combined. Add the garlic and wine reduction and blend again.
- Place the spinach leaves onto a serving bowl, pour the dressing over the spinach leaves, top with the chorizo, croutons and extra parmesan shavings.