West African Chicken Stew
Member recipe by keithy_george
This is a very cheap, healthy, filling meal for those long cold winter nights.
- 4 Fresh on the bone chicken thighs, skin removed.
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 5 cloves garlic, diced
- 4x 400g tins chopped tomatoes
- 4 fresh tomatoes, diced
- 2 tsp chilli powder
- Bag of baby leaf spinach
- 1 tbsp olive oil.
- Basmati rice
- Heat the oil in a large pot and gently sweat the onion and garlic on a medium heat until translucent. Do not brown.
- Add the tomatoes to the pot and add the chilli powder and stir.
- Then add the washed and skinned Chicken thighs to the tomatoes along with the spinach.
- Bring to a boil then reduce to a simmer with the lid on for 40 minutes or until the chicken is falling off the bone
- Add salt to taste. Best served with basmati rice or pitta bread