- 500g halloumi cheese, cut into cubes
- 3 red pepper, deseeded and cut into squares
- 1 tbsp olive oil
Probably the most widely-used oil in cooking, olive oil is pressed from fresh olives. It's…
- 1 tsp oregano (fresh or dried)
Closely related to marjoram, of which it is the wild equivalent, oregano has a coarser, more…
For the salad
- 500g red cabbage, finely shredded
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- juice ½ lemon
Oval in shape, with a pronouced bulge on one end, lemons are one of the most versatile fruits…
- handful parsley, finely shredded
One of the most ubiquitous herbs in British cookery, parsley is also popular in European and…
- pitta breads and tzatziki, to serve
Thread the halloumi and red peppers onto 8 soaked wooden skewers and put on a plate. Stir the oil and oregano together, then drizzle it over the kebabs. Season well with black pepper – you shouldn’t need salt.
To make the salad, put the cabbage in a bowl. Mix together the oil, lemon juice and seasoning, pour over the cabbage, and toss until well coated, then stir through the parsley.
Barbecue the skewers for 10 mins on each side until the cheese is golden and the peppers slightly charred. Serve on a large platter with pitta breads and tzatziki, with salad on the side.