fruit & ice cream pots
Member recipe by maria_n
a quick dessert that goes well with any menu, or a little something for those late night sugar cravings!
- 1L ice cream, either vanilla or coconut
- strawberry sauce (any preffered brand will do)
- 4 large mangos
- 6 large bananas
- 1 tin of sliced pinapples (drained of the syrup)
- 3 bars of bounty chocolate (you can use more)
- chopped almonds (optional, use for garnishing)
- let the ice cream melt enough for the ingredients to be mixed through. you can speed up the process by microwaving the ice cream for no more than 5 minutes.
- peel and cut the bananas and mangos and place into a large mixing bowl. make sure that the tinned pinapple is well drained of all syrup and add with the bananas and mangos. chop the bounty chocolate bars with a knife into chunky pieces and mix with the fruit.place the ice cream in the bowl with the chocolate and fruit and mix well, making sure that the fruit and chocolate is evenly distributed through the ice cream.once blended, dribble the strawberry sauce on the ice cream mixture and stir only enough times to create a ribbon effect of the sauce.
- chill the mixture in the freezer for half an hour. once chilled, with an ice cream scoop, place individual servings into dessert pots or bowls and dribble more strawberry sauce and garnish with the almonds.
- for an added twist, you can use ginger biscuits to serve on the side with the ice cream, or mixed with the fruit, instead of the chocolate.